The awful facts...
|Team||Preseason OTP Rank||Final AP Rank|
So what does all this tell us?
Where We Succeeded:
- Kudos to us for picking Florida #1. Even the Florida bloggers thought we were crazy.
- Kudos to us for picking Ball State #25. We were one of the first not named Jason Whitlock to champion the Cardinals as a Top 25 team.
- 13 of our preseason Top 25 finished in the final Top 25. Not fantastic by any means, but over 50%.
- 7 of our Top 14 failed to make the final Top 25. We were not alone in this fact, and fingers can be pointed to Auburn, Clemson, West Virginia, Tennessee, Arizona State, Wisconsin, and LSU for a year of suckery that totally took a #2 all over most preseason polls.
- Ranking teams we should have known better way higher than we should have. We're looking at you Georgia, Missouri, and Ohio State.
- Undervaluing teams from the non-BCS conferences, though I'm not sure anyone could have seen Utah, TCU, or Boise State coming the way they did.
How did your poll shape up?