Friday, October 03, 2008

Kentucky vs. Bama... LOLs Abound

Can I give it to you straight America? Can we jump aboard the StraightTalk Express for one doggone minute here at OTP? Dadgummit, Joe, we got a game to play! *wink* Now, excuse me while I kill this moose.

The Cats travel to Alabama to take on the Fighting Sabans, and here in the no spin zone, it doesn't look good for the Cats. I'd like to go out on a limb and predict a shocking upset and I will gladly eat crow on Monday should the Cats be undefeated still, but after the gigantic bag of whoop ass the Tide unleashed on Clemson and Georgia, I'm not optimistic.

Is this a possible trap game for Bama? Perhaps. But the fact remains that Kentucky has racked up an undefeated season and impressive defensive stats against tremendously undertalented teams. Let's not forget that this is the same team that was 1-yard away from losing to Middle Tennessee. Regardless, I'll be watching in glorious magnificent HD on Saturday with a bottle of Woodford close by to either amp the celebration or help ease the loss.

The much ballyhooed defense for Kentucky faces a stiff but not overwhelming offense in Alabama. What scares me most is this Kentucky offense against the Bama D. A gigantic herculean effort will be required here, and I have yet to see even the remotest of glimpses that this team can compete offensively against the Alabama D. I hope I'm wrong.

I expect a close game through the first half, but Bama wins going away 38-24. Say it ain't so, Joe.

In the meantime, enjoy these fabulous UK-Bama related LOL posts. (HT: TideDruid)





No comments: